Friday, August 24, 2018

HAPPINESS






I look into the world
The whole wide world
And I wonder
I wonder what makes them happy

For some it’s the sight of crisp notes
For some it’s the stick
For some it’s the needle
For some it’s finely processed sound
For some it’s a walk through the woods
For some it’s running with the air in their face
For some it’s the green bottle
For some it’s finely prepared dish
For some it’s playing the candy man
For some it’s putting the metal to the pedal              
For some it’s a walk along the shore with the surf beating gently at their feet
For some it’s putting the sphere into the back of the mouth of the lipless post defended only by a mobile tooth

And then it’s my turn
What makes me happy?
None of the above
Hardly anything
At least, not these days

No comments:

Post a Comment